Sunday, September 19, 2010

REALITY CHECK

So, I went to the doctors a couple weeks ago, my endocronoligist (who's the best in case you were wondering). Basically, this was a complete reality check. Lately....I haven't been taking care of myself as good as I should have been. You know how it goes. You start off and you're like yeahhhh this taking care of myself is good. And then that goes on for about a day. Or two. And you're like oh yeah, this is a lot of work and I'm just lazy and thinking about the present and what's happening right now, so I quit. Or, you think to yourself hey, maybe if I act like I don't even have diabetes, somehow miraculously I won't. Well, unfortunately it doesn't happen like that. So I have my doctor in one ear, telling me I need to get my act together, and I have my mom in the other, telling me the same thing. And I see my mom over there tearing up (she had no idea that I wasn't taking care of myself by the way) and my doctor is pointing out how no patient (I'm going to be a nurse by the way) is going to want a diabetic nurse that doesn't take care of themself. And I'm like CRAP. Cause they are completely right. So, now I am taking better care of myself, checking my bloodsugars, changing my sites, giving myself insulin, and corrections and all that fun stuff. And surprisingly, it is so much easier to just take care of myself and I feel a lot better. SOOO THANKFUL FOR REALITY CHECKS

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for them too, glad you are on the right track my dearie! :) Keep it up, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete