Wednesday, January 13, 2010

half - freakin - marathon!

So im training for a half marathon right now, London's Run to be exact, at the end of this month! i am superrrrrrr excited! My aunt and i are training together. it's been pretty tough because of my diabetes, i cant train like a person without diabetes can. Like instead of carbing up after my runs and stuff, i have to protein up instead. My mom got me power bars this weekend and i ate one last night after my run, and after i ate it i realized it was "triple threat" and it was supposed to give you energy for at least an hour. I was like "great im gonna be up forever" but i was so exhausted i fell right asleep. But, i didnt eat it last night to give me energy, i ate it because it has up to 11 or 12 grams of protein in it. It is really important to make sure to get enough rest too while your training for anything. Ive been slacking off in that department. Oh also, you are supposed to check your bloodsugar every 30 minutes, which is pretty tricky while running, but it can be done. We have been downing my basals by half on nights when i run too, otherwise my bloodsugars go low during the night because after you run and like exercise your bloodsugar dumps for the next six hours! ridiculous. Ive been trying to eat healthier lately too and ive been drinking alot more water and stuff which makes me feel better. It makes all the difference.

This is kind of all over the place, sorry about that. As im typing one thing i think of another and so sometimes it doesnt always flow, oh well. Im really excited though for my half marathon (which is 13 miles by the way) and ill keep updating my progress and the things im doing for it and all that jazz)

Alyssa!!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome!! I'm so proud of you! It's tough to do without diabetes, but to be successfully doing it with diabetes is an amazing feat! Love ya! Keep on keepin' on! :)

    ReplyDelete